Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Save my money for later.

Votes: 6 23.1%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really can't decide between the Video iPod or the 7800GS! Help! Give your opinions too please, thanks.

·
Banned
5,423 Posts
Well it depends on what you prefer. If you really want better graphics go for the 7800 but if youre away from home alot then Id get the iPod.

·
Banned
230 Posts
ipod= over rated piece of crap, that breaks easily and has ****ty battery life
7800GS=needs to be upgraded to a 7800gt for only a little more $$$.

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Yeah, depending on what your gonna do more i assume. ive made the decision of Ipod (Or Creative Zen Vision:M) Over a vid card. =)

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My current situation involves going to college next fall and I'm not sure if I am bringing my computer or if I am getting a laptop. I have an mp3 player at the moment, but it's only 512MB, and I would enjoy being able to hold my entire cd collection on the iPod, and some movies as well. I would also like to have the best AGP graphics that would carry me through the next 2 or 3 years until I can afford a new complete system. So I'm torn, and need some advice, hence the poll.

·
Banned
5,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiendofmine

Over rated piece of crap? *** are you talking about? I have an iPod and it rocks. The battery life is pretty good actually and Ive dropped mine quite a few times and all its gotten was a few small scratches.

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Id definately go with the ipod then, because i doubt youll even have time to play anything.. and why would you wnana break a huge budget on a vid card that your perfectly (or possibly) fine with now?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RyGuy1788

My current situation involves going to college next fall and I'm not sure if I am bringing my computer or if I am getting a laptop. I have an mp3 player at the moment, but it's only 512MB, and I would enjoy being able to hold my entire cd collection on the iPod, and some movies as well. I would also like to have the best AGP graphics that would carry me through the next 2 or 3 years until I can afford a new complete system. So I'm torn, and need some advice, hence the poll.

I'd say the iPod since you're not sure if you're taking you comp to college.

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been leaning towards the iPod, but the 7800GS rocks, but it's still AGP, so I don't know if it's worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
66 Posts
get the VC or save it for an AMD system iPods battery life is way too low. I know I have one.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Get a 4 gig nano and put modded linux on it so you can watch videos/play quake 1

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiendofmine

LOL

So i must ask, how many Ipods do you own? ID bet you dont own an Ipod Video... They are great. Get what evr you want man, were not using it... =)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Id buy both, go with a Nano price is dropping down to 150 bucks for a 1gig.
Or you can buy a 1gig shuffle for $90. The 300 for the card. Even in school your going to want play. Just might not be on your computer though?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts