Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 30GB iPod and want to copy my music library to it. I don't want to install any apple software whatsoever. How would I go about transfering the music to the iPod without running all of the bloatware that Apple continually cramms down their users' throats?

Can you simply make a "Music" folder and copy the files to it, or does it have to go in a certain folder? And does the iPod have to "register" every file to be able to play (stupid security :turd: )? Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Also, I just upgraded the iPod's software to the latest version. After about 20 minutes it's still setting on "Do not disconnect." Is that a common bug? Should I unplug it and reinstall the software? I'd hate to make it a paperweight while it's trying to do some kind of OS update or something...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
There's a program called iPod Rip that you can get Here.

The main purpose is to take songs from the iPod and install them onto your computer, but you can also put songs onto the iPod with this program.

You will need to install .NET Framework 1.1 if you don't already have it.

• Rep+
Reactions: Pinhead-227

·
Registered
633 Posts
You will also need the files to be in an AAC format. The "do not disconnect" is where the program has been set to require manual ejection of the device, you have to tell the software to release the Ipod before unplugging it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey Pinhead, I have a prob with my ipod video also. I want to upload videos to my ipod but when I do they have no audio, just visuals. Seems like I have to mux them? Can someone help me out?

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have an iPod Video... Unless you can update the software of the original iPod to play videos... I don't know how those work.

·
Registered
52 Posts
See...this is why I regret ever buying my iPod. Apple are too annoying with their music licensing and software dead-ends. Make's me want to brick my iPod...if only I didn't spend so much money on it when 3rd gen first came out..

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you haven't already, try Winamp's iPod plugin. I don't know if it has a plugin for video, but it wouldn't hurt to try. It also circumvents a lot of the security crap that Apple put on them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts