Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my iPod is severly scratched, it looks like I've been cleaning it with sandpaper and later decided to go snowboarding on it, and I wanted to know if the iCleaner (http://www.ipodcleaner.com/) works well for cleaning off scratches as bad as this one, or point me in a direction that really does work.

·
Registered
604 Posts
You might be better off using a buffing pad... I'd say use one on a dremel but can easily lose control and make it worse.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
If you dont like the case you should look at getting a Screen Protector, like the ones you use on a PDA and it should cover the whole iPod, if not use one for the screen and use another for the front and line them up...they just come in sheets, just cut a circle for the wheel and you wont need to buy a case, cause personally I like the black showing.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
On the plastic you could use some plastic polish... not on the screen though. Plastic polish is sold at auto stores. Get meguires.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Use a product called Never Dull. Your local supermarket should have it. I've seen them use it on Attack of the Show to clean up an iPod a while back.

It's mainly used as a metal polish and has a very mild abrasive in it which takes off a small layer of the surface which should smooth it out and make it look semi new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts