Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I managed to fix up my iPod Touch, and noticed my case has gotten a bit soaked with coffee after a small spill dirty, and I don't know where to start looking for a case, so I was hoping some of you guys out there would know of some.

I'm looking for:
-Hard rubber case (or similar)
-No soft rubber or silicone
-Black or white case
-Not too bulky

·
Registered
974 Posts
I use a speck candyshell on my iphone, they do an ipod one as well. Its the best case i've used with my phone, its light and slim. Plus its a hybrid case, so it has a hard rubber interior to soak bumps, while the outside is a plastic to protect from sharps.

Theres loads of colour combinations, im sure they do a white/black one
I reccomend it 110%

LINK

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoolGuy
View Post

i dont want to sound like a ass but why dont you just take care of it.

I think cases make the ipod / phone look bad.

Unless you plan to resell..

Because I'm extremely anal about scratches myself (OCD thing?) My girlfriend has the same feelings towards it at you, including that it'd be damaged eventually, but I've had the ipod in a case since Day 1 and I don't want the back to end up scratched and such

Also, I dislike the chrome back, and would prefer a white or black back

·
Registered
974 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoolGuy
View Post

i dont want to sound like a ass but why dont you just take care of it.

I think cases make the ipod / phone look bad.

Unless you plan to resell..

Some of us have butter fingers ya know!

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
I used a variation of this one with my iPod Touch:

http://www.myincipio.com/product/IPO...32GB-64GB.html

Its the same idea with the Speck case. Soft silicone with a hard backing. It doesn't pick up dust like the cheap dollar store ones either if thats what you're worrying about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by r31ncarnat3d View Post
So I managed to fix up my iPod Touch, and noticed my case has gotten a bit soaked with coffee after a small spill dirty, and I don't know where to start looking for a case, so I was hoping some of you guys out there would know of some.

I'm looking for:
-Hard rubber case (or similar)
-No soft rubber or silicone
-Black or white case
-Not too bulky
Hi, here is one hard rubber ipod touch 2G case that i think it meets your need. "hard rubber , Plastic, Black". Check out:
http://www.sourcingmap.com/black-rub...n-p-64013.html
It has the design allows easy access to all buttons, controls & ports without removing the iPod Touch 2nd Case. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
My advice is this. Buy a replacement shell, stash that away. Use your iPod without a case, let it get trashed up. When you want to sell it or pass it down, or whatever else you might do with an old iPod, switch the casing.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Best d*mned case I EVER owned, super slim, surprisingly secure, good protection, hard but rubberized (that's what she said) OK enough here's a link WAFFLES!!!
Did I mention it's uber cheap?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ghetto style:

Why not cover the entire thing in an invisible shield? Put a few dabs of silicone at the edges and that takes care of the dropping issue while also taking care of scratches. You won't look at the back anyways, but if its a problem just cover it all with duct tape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts