Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have received a Dell U2414H last week, but I noticed that there are many faint lines showing when Monitor displaying black or dark colors. even through without any input connected. So I returned it and order a new one, but the new one also has this issue when displaying black color. Today, I found my X230 laptop with LG IPS screen has this issue too……
Is it normal for IPS panels? or these screen are all bad? Thanks

HmKehs4.jpg

·
Registered
692 Posts
don't have those lines on my ips tv. On the other hand, those glows & nonuniform screen are quite normal for ips.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciferxy View Post

don't have those lines on my ips tv. On the other hand, those glows & nonuniform screen are quite normal for ips.
Thanks for reply. I know IPS Glow is normal. Just confused by these lines

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hmm, I just ordered a Dell U2515H that is most likely going to be so I can pick it up today and this makes me worry a bit, are those lines very noticeable during Movies and such? or only when its a complete black background?

·
PC Gamer
6,464 Posts
i have a Dell S2340m and I do not have these lines or anything like em on my screen.

·
Registered
692 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: decemus

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeTroX View Post

Hmm, I just ordered a Dell U2515H that is most likely going to be so I can pick it up today and this makes me worry a bit, are those lines very noticeable during Movies and such? or only when its a complete black background?
I see them in large area black color only. High brightness is harder than low brightness. And I think these are not noticeable during playing Videos even 100% brightness. but it is noticeable when look at a photo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by decemus View Post

I see them in large area black color only. High brightness is harder than low brightness. And I think these are not noticeable during playing Videos even 100% brightness. but it is noticeable when look at a photo.
I see, hopefully mine is okay so I dont have to send back a monitor 10 minutes after setting it up haha, but I would try to get it replaced as luciferxy is saying because this cant be normal, and to my understand Dell Ultrasharp line is suppose to have better QC and service

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeTroX View Post

I see, hopefully mine is okay so I dont have to send back a monitor 10 minutes after setting it up haha, but I would try to get it replaced as luciferxy is saying because this cant be normal, and to my understand Dell Ultrasharp line is suppose to have better QC and service
Wish you get a good one. I guess this issue may be caused by LG panel. I noticed that all displays I have seen this issue with a LG panel.

·
Registered
692 Posts
hope you get better one (replacement) you two.

for comparison only, this is how my budget tv (
tongue.gif
) screen looks like :

sorry for the compression, and nevermind those dark circles like on screen, those are from my camera phone lens. No vertical lines observed, but there're some color bandings if you really look for it, not really noticeable though.

could be qc issue from lg that you're having though, cmiiw.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the pictures. I found this issue when I getting closer to the Monitor and take close range photo.

this photo is showing my X230 with LG panel, you can see it has the same issue

this is my T440p with AUO panel, no this issue.

·
Registered
692 Posts
hmm I think you're right, now that I look at it real close, it kinda form lines like you're showing, though I have to zoom the image for it to be visible. And I found the screen quite dirty now
tongue.gif

Bu it's not visible from the distance I usually sit anyway, which is just under 3ft. What's your screen type btw, matte or glossy ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dear sir,i think your photo is showing pixel grid. please notice, these faint lines showing on my photo are wider than pixel grid. looks like nonuniform
backlight.
anyway, thanks your photo. it is helpful to me.

and all of my screens are matte

·
Registered
156 Posts
Okay, slight update, my U2515H is plugged in and everything is working, I tried a full black wallpaper, saw nothing weird, tried a green wallpaper found nothing weird etc, so I cant see any errors. This is my first ever 2560x1440 monitor and damn the difference, but I need some help lol, the text and all is fine and look normal when using the browser but using windows 10 stuff liket he start menu and such are huge, and the system icons from like steam,skype are a bit blurry, I tried to change the DPI but then it changed it all over so the text in the browser became very tiny,

·
PC Gamer
6,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyfire View Post

I had the same issue, but not on a Dell Monitor, I found the problem was with my DVI cable.I'd suggest trying a different cable.
i was actually going to ask him this. OP have you tried a different cable to make sure your cable is not the issue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all,

I using DP cable for now. And I confirm it is not cable issue. I got two Dell U2414H, all have this issue, My X230 too. and I tried different computer, different cable, no fix.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts