Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
When I shutdown my computer from windows the screen goes black but the fans are still on full speed so I must use the power switch to shutdown. This happens
almost everytime. I noticed it a couple of months ago but then it occured less frequently. My computer is slightly overclocked and I have verified the stability with 12h+ prime. I reset the OC to normal speeds but the problem still occured
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
2,547 Posts
What do you see on your screen, before you manually shut it down ?

Quite possibly your shutdown has a issue, and it doesnt churn pc off by itself, instead it just shuts down windows, then u gotta do manually,,

this is watz going on most probably,, let us know,

gl,

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I disabled the ''Restart on system failure'' and that resulted in instead of a black screen I get a blue screen with the error code KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
I searched on MS webpage and after some searching I found out that the error code 0xC000009D meant that the cabling was loose or the controller not seeing the hard drive. Sometimes when I boot the computer I get the message that the mobo can't find any hard drive. I think that the controller is faulty because the computer works fine but the errors only occurs when booting and shutdowns.
Thanks in advance

EDIT: I have a SATAII hard drive

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.