Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running it for 3 hours with no errors at all. And temps have been around 56-60. Is it safe to say that my system is stable? 8+ hours seems like overkill to me. And even if it did crash after 8 or so, doesn't that not reflect real world useage?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Is it Prime95 blend?
If so, I think you should at least wait for 6h to be completed.

I have seen that even errors that are detected after 5h+ do mess with the operating system (services not starting correctly, etc.)

If you are running Prime95 small FFT, then I agree that it is ok for cpu testing only. Next step woud be to test 6h Prime95 blend

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcastaneda68
View Post

Is it Prime95 blend?
If so, I think you should at least wait for 6h to be completed.

I have seen that even errors that are detected after 5h+ do mess with the operating system (services not starting correctly, etc.)

If you are running Prime95 small FFT, then I agree that it is ok for cpu testing only. Next step woud be to test 6h Prime95 blend

I am running the blend test...and 6 hours? ugh, i guess ill do it

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I usually run it for 12 hours, mine failed at 8 hours a few times.

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
Going by post times your only at 5 hours. To make sure you wont crash on anything you do, 24 hours is needed as a re assurance. My oc is 28 hours stable, I like to make sure, but to each there own.

·
PC Evangelist
48,302 Posts
Well i a 15min Prime95 stable 4.0Ghz gave me about 25mins before BSOD in games. I would say 2 hour small and 12 hour blend. The more problem you get the more you try to fix them in the future so just make it 100% now so u dont get in problems latter.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The program itself said 5 hours and 50 minutes but thats close enough to 6 hours for me. And running a pc at full load for 24 hours, isn't that a non realistic test? And isnt it dangerous to run it overnight?

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by consume
View Post

The program itself said 5 hours and 50 minutes but thats close enough to 6 hours for me. And running a pc at full load for 24 hours, isn't that a non realistic test? And isnt it dangerous to run it overnight?

Why on earth would that be true?

Personally I use about 6hrs p95, 50 runs of IBT, and a few hours of OCCT.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I run prime blend for 1 hour with unreal tournament running in background.
Then run super pi 32m a few rounds.
3D Mark Vantage high. , with max aa
and Science Mark 2
this works for me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.