Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Well lets do the simple math and use a watt estimator along with some logic.

The motherboard/processor/video combo uses (I think 60 watts). I know for a fact that the processor alone uses 25 watts. And everything else may use up to 80 watts alone. I am not really sure on this one..

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i was hoping to be able to sell little mini-ITX windows home servers to people when windows home server comes out. I have a repair business and it would be great if we could sell people a tiny little server that backs up their computers, and then when something goes wrong with their computer they just bring them both in and it would make the repairs go a ton faster and cheaper for both of us.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: {core2duo}werd

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if i did that, and use a laptop HDD, a laptop dvd rom drive, I should be ok i think. But does anyone know if this thing uses laptop memory or desktop memory?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
It uses regular desktop memory, but the speed is only DDR2 400MHz. Might be able to save some money by getting that as opposed to the 533.

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: {core2duo}werd

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by saxahonker
View Post

It uses regular desktop memory, but the speed is only DDR2 400MHz. Might be able to save some money by getting that as opposed to the 533.

The problem is that the biggest ddr2400 stick on newegg is 512 and i need atleast 1gb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyGuy
View Post

I have a lot of experience with the mini-ITX world, and none of them use very much power at all, the biggest PSU I have ever used with a build is 90W, and that had 4 3.5" HDD's in a RAID.

PS: I never buy mini-ITX from Newegg, go to www.mini-box.com

Here is the board there: http://www.mini-box.com/Jetway-Versa...=8&category=99

thanks rep +

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
There is also another site I use often, www.logicsupply.com which is also a great site to buy from.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts