Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can a big typhoon fit on a gigabyte GA-8I945P-G im just wondering. im so close to finalising my list of cmoputer parts

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
it probably would.
look at the diameter of 120 around the center of ur cpu socket.
are there very high obstructions?
if not it will fit.
next is to make sure it fits your case.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont know the circumference of the cpu socket. i have no idea if its compatable i think it is but i aint that sure.

im going to be using an antec sonnota 2 case 450watt sp

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I just installed the Big T on the same board and it has plenty of room. Awesome cooler too, you will love it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks you all have been alot of help.

i have fianlly chosen all the part for my new computer(parts that are missing, i have already)

what case are you using for your typhoon-do you think a antec sonata 2 would house the big typhoon ok?

this is going to be my new rig:
8I945P-G
prescott 630/640
big typhoon
Corsair 1GB DDR2 Value Select PC4200 Dual Channel Kit (2x512MB)
sapphire 800gto2
antec sonata 2+450watt psu-sp
2 -YS-TECH FD1238 120mm Fan-125cfm-does it matter if it is 38mm thickness or will it fit either way.-if it doesn't ill get this one "YS-TECH FD1225 120mm Fan - 4 Pin"

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
It should fit, you just won't be able to use the air guide on cases with the side window fan. It's not as big as everyone makes it out to be. I thought I would have trouble fitting it in and I still had room for the side fan.

edit: just looked up your case, and with no side window, you should be more than ok fitting it in there.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I believe it fits most mobo's its just a clearance thing with your case that should worry you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have that mobo, and the space around the socket seems pretty tight to me, mo knoing how high the heatsink of the typhoon is off the board itself. The PSU is pretty close as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts