Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Artist
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could'nt bare running my 4870x2 for another minute, so I went and got 2 GTX 260s. Automatically I'm fairly impressed with the 56-63 FPS in Crysis Warzone w/ 2x AA @ 1920x1200. Do we want more? YEEESSS. So should I pop for a 9600/8600 card for PhysX, or is it worth it?

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,930 Posts
... If you do, get something faster than a 9600. try a 9800GT or better. It's doesn't seem like money is a problem for you

·
Artist
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by KSIMP88 View Post
... If you do, get something faster than a 9600. try a 9800GT or better. It's doesn't seem like money is a problem for you
Money is a component lol. I actually got that 4870x2 for $200! (Forreal) so its on ebay now. +I just sold my Suzuki Katana, but I still have to buy another motorcycle. I'm not looking to just buff out my computer, if its gonna produce results then yeah. But if not, I'll just w/c the 260s.

·
Artist
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma8750 View Post
Here,, /get this You will love it..

LMAO! are you serious? +Rep

·
Artist
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very well could be real, or someone is great at Photoshop. Have you ran Crysis/Crysis Warhead with your setup?

·
Artist
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlasov_581 View Post
isn't Striker a TRI-SLI board? pop another 260 in

Yes it is, but i'm not just popping anything for having to pop out another $200 unless its really worth it. I'm trying to keep my rig "recession proof."

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterAutomatic View Post
Yes it is, but i'm not just popping anything for having to pop out another $200 unless its really worth it. I'm trying to keep my rig "recession proof."
you spent this much now, you might as well go for it.

I would be getting a second hard drive for raid 0. That is were the bottleneck of the system is right now.

·
Artist
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree. I never buy a gun bigger than the gunfight I need it for. My focus is optimizing what I have now, and filling in the gaps, not over compensation, like having 2 295s (why). The spending has to come to an end somewhere.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
well i don't think a PhysX card will be a wise way to spend the $$

if you ghave to upgrade your PC i'd think a few more HDDs will be better

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^
View Post

well i don't think a PhysX card will be a wise way to spend the $$

if you ghave to upgrade your PC i'd think a few more HDDs will be better

what this man just said, I have a 8800gs as a physx card with my 285.....pretty much saw like 3fps increase in mirrors edge. I think with 2 260's you have MORE then enough gpu power to eat up any game with physx.

I would get another HDD and raid0.

Good luck buddy

·
Artist
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyNikel
View Post

what this man just said, I have a 8800gs as a physx card with my 285.....pretty much saw like 3fps increase in mirrors edge. I think with 2 260's you have MORE then enough gpu power to eat up any game with physx.

I would get another HDD and raid0.

Good luck buddy

I'm not afraid to say it but I honestly don't know how Raid will increase my graphic processing power. How does that work?

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
it doesn't. we're saying that we think that adding another card for PhysX is a bad idea, and that the weak link in your PC is now the HDD space.

·
Artist
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
500GB of HDD space is weak? I have that internal, a 320GB external, another 120GB external, and a 120GB with windows xp 64. I think hdd space is covered.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
fine.

why bother posting a thread if you're not going to listen to the advice people give you? go ahead and buy the PhysX card then.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts