Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just saw the deal on newegg for the 902. $64.99 after MIR http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...058-_-09202010. I was deciding between a storm scout and pc-k62 but this just popped up and was wondering if it still an "innovative" case. Is this case worth $65 or i should go pick up a storm scout at microcenter for $71.99 http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0308296. The rebate for the 902 is only for today and i love saving money. Would any of theses cases be a good upgrade from this crappy case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...igma%20phantom. The 2 80mm fans are driving me nuts

·

13,000 Posts
Yes it's still one of the top airflow midsize towers available.

And at that price point, that makes the deal a steal.

·
Registered
350 Posts
It's still good but the air filter is a lot of work to remove to clean. I leaves mines full of dust and temps still good. Other cases like the CM Storm Sniper, you just pop it off and remove filter instead of removing all the thumbscrews. Yes all 20 of them, if you screw everything in like me.

·
PC Evangelist
46,947 Posts
Its very good air cooling case. The only problem is dust. I had A900 and i was very pleased with its performance.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so antec 902>storm scout($64.99>$71.99)???

·

13,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ExplosiveBacon
View Post

For airflow, yes.

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Other way around. The Storm Scout can have similar airflow but the carrying handle on top is a nice touch and it has a CPU retention plate access hole and PSU ventilation.

·
Premium Member
14,325 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by boredgunner
View Post

Other way around. The Storm Scout can have similar airflow but the carrying handle on top is a nice touch and it has a CPU retention plate access hole and PSU ventilation.

antec 902 looks > storm scout looks

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I had an Antec 900 for my first ever pc build. I love that case, it's exactly like the 902 just some minor changes here and there. I highly recommend the case, it has the best airflow and looks really nice, the build quality is great as well. You really can't go wrong with the 902 or the CM Scout but since the 902 is cheaper I would get that for sure.

·
Registered
456 Posts
IMO the Storm Scout is a piece of trash, just as anything from Coolermaster.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by boredgunner
View Post

The Antec 902 > Storm Scout.

I already know you are an anti-antec dude and in this case you're wrong too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intelship
View Post

IMO the Storm Scout is a piece of trash, just as anything from Coolermaster.

lol, I dont like Coolermaster very much too when it comes to Cases.

Anyway, It's still a very good Air case, if you want to Watercool, I'd try something different. If you're on Air - Go for it, I LOVE mine and it's perfect for my needs

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HunT3R.!
View Post

The Antec 902 > Storm Scout.

I already know you are an anti-antec dude and in this case you're wrong too.

I'm wrong for having an opinion? Hmm what kind of PSU do I have? Antec! Oh well, at least you're not so butthurt this time by my insults to your precious Antec cases.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Quote:

View Post

yah i think i will go for the 902, blue is a favorite color
. Don't want the haf 912 because i like showing the inside to friends but it's $55.99 at microcenter
http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0343331

Make your own window then, just get a dremel. Thats what I am going to do.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts