Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post here if you are running it and if you have any errors. I have tons of errors with x1900 crossfire I can't tell if it's the game or something else.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,199 Posts
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>born2killU</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">probably dosent have xfire drivers yet<br />
<br />
google it</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>Xfire is a program. <br />
<br />
And there aren't drivers for games to use crossfire. It either will take advantage, or not.<br />
<br />
I doubt its BF2142. Worst would happen with BF2142 is it wouldn't be able to use Crossfire to its full potentional, and thats about it.

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
There was a fix for the demo, you have it yet? Maybe that'll do something?

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Wait...while i was gone did this game come out? Ive been hearing about it but did not know it was out yet. Man, the core 2 quads gonna be out and i wont even know it!

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I dont have 1900's but I have 1600's and it plays fine with no errors. However with 1gb of ram I cant fully max it out yet.<br><br>
What are the errors? Also make sure that in CCC you set A.I. Catalyst to Standard and that its not disabled.<br><br>
pink

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>The Pook</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">Xfire is a program.<br><br>
And there aren't drivers for games to use crossfire. It either will take advantage, or not.<br><br>
I doubt its BF2142. Worst would happen with BF2142 is it wouldn't be able to use Crossfire to its full potentional, and thats about it.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
It's pretty clear that he meant "Crossfire" not the chat program.<br><br>
Also, I wouldn't put it past BF2142 seeing as how it's a demo (which is probably just a disguised beta RC) to generate errors. We all know that drivers (especially ATI's) aren't perfect, and perhaps BF2142 doesn't like Crossfire.<br><br>
Are you getting errors in any other games?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Mr Pink57</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I dont have 1900's but I have 1600's and it plays fine with no errors. However with 1gb of ram I cant fully max it out yet.<br><br>
What are the errors? Also make sure that in CCC you set A.I. Catalyst to Standard and that its not disabled.<br><br>
pink</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
For crossfire, is standard AI better than advanced AI?

·
Banned
10,581 Posts
I'm pretty sure you want it at Advanced. I'm under the impression that to take full advantage of crossfire, you want it on this setting. Another recommendation is for the 3D settings, leave the boxes that say "Let the application decide" checked. I've run into problems where trying to force 14x AA can cause issues. Letting the application decide will still get you killer graphics. Just crank up the settings in the game.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts