Overclock.net banner

Is better, easier water cooling going to rule out air for high end?

452 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  SporkofdooM
I always liked the idea of Water Cooling but all the hassle always put me down.

Are the results from that Corsair self-contained water cooler impressive enough?
Are there similar products being released?

Do you guys think it's a good bridge between AC and WC?

Please discuss and educate me.

Thanks.

See less See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
The extra cost really isn't worth it - you have to take the jump from high end air to at least medium watercooling to see any gains worth the money.

Maybe in the future the use of TECs, etc, will improve enough in products such as CoolIT's and we'll see a decent stepping stone
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moparman
View Post

Every thing i have read say yes. I just ordered one myself so i hope so. look at this review. YouTube- #1080 - Corsair H50 CPU Cooler Video Review

i thought these broke easily? i would of had one myself but it just aint worth it, these days watercooling is technicaly like building your own computer compared to an oem comp, better off builing it yah self

there allright i guess if someone wants to slightly venture into that watercooling aspect of things
See less See more
It's summer around here and I just got my clocks back to normal and turned on EIST again (I even need to buy a 40mm for the chipset) because my computers gets VERY hot.

Well, when 40C is your room temp that's not too difficult.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GekzOverlord View Post
i thought these broke easily? i would of had one myself but it just aint worth it, these days watercooling is technicaly like building your own computer compared to an oem comp, better off builing it yah self

there allright i guess if someone wants to slightly venture into that watercooling aspect of things

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moparman View Post
Every thing i have read say yes. I just ordered one myself so i hope so. look at this review. YouTube- #1080 - Corsair H50 CPU Cooler Video Review
This Corsair cooler looks mint... Breaking easily is not something very nice, however, I haven't seen anyone saying this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prosser13 View Post
The extra cost really isn't worth it - you have to take the jump from high end air to at least medium watercooling to see any gains worth the money.

Maybe in the future the use of TECs, etc, will improve enough in products such as CoolIT's and we'll see a decent stepping stone

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835181010

WOW!

The price just went up considerably. The last time I looked it was 55 bucks on Newegg.
See less See more
Because of the small size of the radiator and therefore lack of a really dramatic increase in surface area, I can't see the increase in performance being that much...definitely be a bit, but not overly large
See less See more
The only way to get good results water cooling is to do a custom loop that fits your needs. If you go used or shop around, it really isn't all that expensive. Also, it really isn't much of a hassle. The hardest part is bleeding and, as long as your patient, that's not that bad. I would not trust my rig to ANY prefab H20 kit. Mixed metals, cheap materials, uncustomizable, poor performance. No thanks.
from what I've been seeing, the h50 is comparable to megahelems for the most part. they might swap a degree here or there, but the h50 is fairly capable cooler

Tested here by a user on the corsair forums
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.