Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's like when it comes to things that are stupidly obvious people are just dumb. I every time I go to work I still end up in amazement at the stupid non-technical questions I get.

This is the most recent one. A lady walks in and comes to the Geeksquad counter passing customer service which has a 2 foot sign that says on-line pick ups and at least an 8 foot sign that says customer service over that hanging from the ceiling on the way over to me.

Quote:
Me: Hi can I help you?
Her:Yea I'm here to pick up something I ordered off the internet.
Me: Oh all you gotta do is go to customer service over there *points to sign* and they can help you.
Her:*with the most serious look*This isn't customer service?
*I'm ready to just drop kick her in the face for asking such a stupid question*
Me:No this is geeksquad Customer service is over there.

*points to the giant sign behind me that says geeksquad which the model happen to be wearing the same clothes as me along with the pin on my tie that says geeksquad.*
Its like I'm telling you and pointing exactly where it is which is about 10 feet away so you can't miss it aside from the fact that you walked right past it. And then you question me whether am I sure I'm not customer service. For real? Do I really have a reason to lie to you about where customer service is?

·
Banned
127 Posts
It's not just America, my friend
People are getting stupider everywhere
Though the weird thing is, the stupid people can be older than us too

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull View Post
Common sense? I think I saw some of that in an ancient history museum once.
You get 1 brownie point for that.

·
Banned
127 Posts
I've never had a brownie before
Princess says I won't really like them, because I don't really like chocolate
What do you guys think?

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirLagALot View Post
I've never had a brownie before
Princess says I won't really like them, because I don't really like chocolate
What do you guys think?
The have peanut butter brownies. I'm not a big chocolate person either. I pick vanilla over chocolate any time of the week for the most part. But brownies are pretty good with like milk or something.

·
Banned
5,335 Posts
I think there's a huge different between common sense, and what you're referring to, which is just people who don't think before they talk or do. There's that and the combination of entitlement.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I used to get this a lot where I used to work (in retail). People would bring things to me and ask for the price, and I'd point to the tag on the item and read it out to them.

Sounds very patronising - but what are you meant to do? Some people just need to take a little more time to think over what they're asking first.

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
how do you bear working with all the noobs at geek squad? I would drop-kick all of them in the face by the end of the first week.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Eh, I've probably made the mistake passing customer service before since my Best Buy usually moves everything around every time I go in there (maybe once a month), but I don't go and question the direction of an employee lol, especially when they point where something is lol...

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
The thing about common sense is that it is not that common and it makes little sense.

And one more thing! I want Brownies, but I don't want to get up and make them. Life is hard

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
This just makes me laugh. See, I'm the type of person who always wants to figure things out on their own before having to ask someone for anything so when people ask me a dumb question, I kind of want to laugh at them. And trust me, people ask me plenty of dumb questions at my work.

My favorite is when I'm working in drive thru and I hand someone two sodas like one is a sprite and the other is a coke and the customer asks me which one is which. Or when they order different sized drinks...like a small diet coke and a large coke and then they ask me which one the diet coke is. lol Oh man. People are funneh.

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish I knew how people like this made it through life without accidental eating the gel packs that come with shoes.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gex80 View Post
I wish I knew how people like this made it through life without accidental eating the gel packs that come with shoes.
Those gel packets say don't eat, so they don't eat

·
The Computer Guy
6,484 Posts
i blame it on incest.

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloke226 View Post
Those gel packets say don't eat, so they don't eat

Wait you mean they can read?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gex80 View Post
Wait you mean they can read?
Sorry...poor assumption. Perhaps that's why they have pictures on them as well indicating consuming gel packets is not good for you lol.

·
Banned
2,407 Posts
At a former job...

Customer: Where do I go now?
Me: That way (pointing)
Customer turns around and drives the other way
Me: NO... THAT WAY! There's ONE freaking road. You already know what's down the way you came and the place you wanted wasn't there.

·
Banned
954 Posts
I honestly think it's because of computers and technology. Things that people back in the 50's had to do, are now replaced by robots(building cars),computers,ete. With math it's the same way, kids are lazy so they just use a calculator rather then working it out. So they get dumb because all they learned was to punch in numbers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts