1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
The Conroe owns pretty much everything else around at the moment. Nothing even comes close at all once overclocked.

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
Basically all Conroes oc to crazy speeds that own AMDs. BUT in a couple months, AMD will be releasing new cpus, so you may want to wait.

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigpoppaFrary

i have a 3200xp i can't wait much longer

That 6200 is holding you back more. You might kick yourself if you buy a conroe now and AMD comes out with new stuff in 2-3 months.

·
Banned
5,464 Posts
Yeah but Intel was quoted saying they will bring quads before amd to market. AMD announced it first but Intel said they will have it on shelves faster, so in my opinion. Get the conroe now, they are beast. Intel has done something right.!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Of course Conroe OWNS everything currently. I have an e6400 at 3.52 ghz and x1800xt that scores nearly 28% avg better fps in BF2, Fear, and CS:Source than my cousin' s oc'ed fx-62 at 3.08 ghz with a geforce 7900 gtx card. Don't even try to compare a maximum overclocked allendale/conroe with a max overclocked 4800 toledo. It wouldn't be fair - it will just be a waste of time.

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
It might own anything, but does it make any difference in games, at least current games, I have Company of Heroes and I have never experienced any slowdown on high settings, that means my CPU is the greatest thing out there that I need because it does what I want it to, it may not have the fastest SuperPi time, but I dont get days worth of enjoyment out of SuperPi like I do my games.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,798 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigpoppaFrary

quad core does nothing for gamers so i could care less about that

Haha.

Yes it will. Games aren't multithreaded yet, which they soon will be. See that new Max Payne trailer? (Allen Sleep or Allen Nap or something I think it is now though) uses 4 cores. One for physics, one for real time change, one for interactions around you that your character causes, and the other dedicated for Windows processes in the background.

·
Banned
5,464 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordbaron01

Of course Conroe OWNS everything currently. I have an e6400 at 3.52 ghz and x1800xt that scores nearly 28% avg better fps in BF2, Fear, and CS:Source than my cousin' s oc'ed fx-62 at 3.08 ghz with a geforce 7900 gtx card. Don't even try to compare a maximum overclocked allendale/conroe with a max overclocked 4800 toledo. It wouldn't be fair - it will just be a waste of time.

LoL. Agreed. Who knows though, maybe AMD will bring some beastly CPUs to market soon. I was told that it could be a good thing to wait for new AMDs because of the 775 platform intel uses limits fsb.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Waiting is never an option in the compuer world. Things happen so fast that waiting would never end and you wouldn't get anywhere. Go for the Conroe, I can personally say that these things rule all and can overclock very nicely with a good board. Quad Core is a luxury, very few programs now are mutlithreaded and by the time quade core takes off a whole new platform will come out and make the previous obsolete. As for DX10, that is somthing you can wait on because it covers mutliple companies and is probably going to last a good 5 years. So just settle with a 7600gt, they are very nice and will hold you through.

·
Registered
727 Posts
so.. is ur cousin's fx 62 am2? cus if not, it's a big difference.

·
Overclocking
9,248 Posts
Why have a Conroe when you can A Amd 64 2800. Comes with 512 L2 and 1 Single core! OO that's right people ONE CORE. that does 44seconds in SUPERPI.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,798 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownm
what about the AMD 64's. I have 64 2800 and it get about 44seconds in SuperPI

Um, Conroes get ~22 seconds stock...

·
Overclocking
9,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pook
Um, Conroes get ~22 seconds stock...
So, My Fat AMD chip will break your Conroe with it big frame that gets 44seconds in superPI

·
Registered
939 Posts
Not quite... lower is better

EDIT: lower is better for times, higher is better for framerates

1 - 20 of 35 Posts