Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, the title says it all, is Dell UltraSharp 49 Curved Monitor - U4919DW a bad monitor for gaming? it has 8ms and 5ms on boost.

·
Old To Overclock.net
2,455 Posts
I mean... its a 60hz monitor and unless you have a 2080ti it will be pretty hard to run,

also most games if any don't natively run 32:9 ratio so it will require some fiddling.

I have a 34 alienware ultrawide and I love it but it has its drawbacks for sure.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Samsung C49RG9 49.0" 5120x1440 120 Hz Monitor is what i was looking at but i can get the other monitor cheaper.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,772 Posts
dell alienware 3420 - good middle ground. i love mine.

the stretch you'll experience in 5120 is gonna be weird until you adjust. games won't just be ultra wide, the corners will suffer from a great deal of stretching, specially if you're not in your newest nicest AAA title. this is how engines simulate perception ... or something, but in reality more times than not it just fish eye that stretches whatever the edge texture is.

·
Overclocker
11,350 Posts
Bad for anything serious in terms of gaming. Curved, will not buy for any use, period.
60 Hz, not great for gaming, too low.

If it was flat 120+ Hz, sure go for it. But it's not. Would wait for DP2.0/HDMI2.1 when looking for these sort of high bandwidth displays.

For same price you could have bought a 4k120 OLED TV, maybe still can if you can find the last year's models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts