Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to go pick up a Diamond 6950 from my local Microcenter for $200 (AMR) + tax tomorrow. However, I've seen some negative comments on the forums lately about Diamond. Is there a reason I should be hesitant to buy this card? Diamond offers a 5-year warranty so it seems like I should be covered, right?

Thanks!

·
Banned
591 Posts
nothing is wrong with Diamond quality wise.

however, you would have a better chance at an RMA by jesus himself...

Diamond customer service = non existent.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah like everyone said. Their cards are fine. Don't worry. Not sure about customer service.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Just another nerd
5,905 Posts
Their reputation doesn't seem too good these days. I don't know if this is justified or not. I have not owned a Diamond card for over 10 years. They've been around forever, and I owned several of their AGP cards. The main problem I see might come when it's time to resell the card. You'll probably have to sell it cheap to move it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
While I can't remember the exact details ~15 years ago I had with them, I swore I would never buy another Diamond product after that.

Basically, I had purchased a Monster 3D Voodoo1 Card back in late 1996/1997 and it ended up dieing on me within 30 days. They wouldn't replace it, RMA it, or anything.

I still hold my grudge and will never purchase anything from them.

YMMV

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hm, that's too bad that so many of you have had bad experiences. I picked mine up today - it seems to be working fine and it is a reference model, so that's good I guess. Hopefully they will honor their 5-year warranty. Did they ever give you any reasons for not covering your card? Was it still under warranty?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazloisdavrock View Post

Ive had Diamond cards before. No issues.
Same here, I've had these Diamond HD 5850s (5850PE51G) both of them in Crossfire since 2010! Best cards I ever had BTW.

·
Premium Member
4,043 Posts
I've had diamond 4870s (2), 5850s (2) a 6950 which unlocked to a 6970 and now a diamond 7970 and NEVER had any issues whatsoever. Their warranty also went from 2 years to 5 years on GPUs so never a better time to get one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Bought one 2 week ago 6950 2gb reference version, mine was doa. Did rma with newegg waiting on my other i will give feedback once it arrive.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
My one experience ... my reference Diamond 5850's were sweet, had no issues with them, so I never had to try out their CS.

Also, as long as you truly got a reference model, it most likely isn't actually even made by Diamond anyways ... just came from the same factory in China as all the other reference cards did ... the sticker and warranty/customer service is the only difference.

I'd probably feel a bit dicier if it were non-reference. When it comes to those, I would wanna stick with one of the big 3 (Asus, Gigabyte, MSI), or a Sapphire, personally.

·
Registered
294 Posts
they actually repaid me in full even if i did ask a exchange for a new one. I guess they had no more of it or too much problems with clients.

·
lAptOp jUnKie
4,637 Posts
I've had my Diamond 6950 unlocked & OCed ever since I had owned it (October 2011) & so far it's been real good to me
thumb.gif

1 - 19 of 19 Posts