Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sai_Jao
Hi i was on the net and noticed this site http://distributedcomputing.info/ap-...ightaidsathome , would one of these others be a better use of our resources <even tho foldin @ home is a very good cause>. Im thinking AIDS or CANCER may b a better use

Well stanford University doesnt just study an specific kind of disease with the [email protected] program... They do research on basically everything that's out there that has too do with protein misfoldings... cancer included

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400
Well stanford University doesnt just study an specific kind of disease with the [email protected] program... They do research on basically everything that's out there that has too do with protein misfoldings... cancer included

yea i no that but also some of that reasearch into folding covers inane things eg folding of DNA in a bacteria that ferments milk (or sum cra*)

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
[email protected] has been around for a long time and is a proven, stable program that benefits the medical field in very large manner. I believe that it has the most users of any distributed computing project. The results of [email protected] have already been successful in the aid of treatments for cancer, Alzheimers, and many other diseases. While I do not doubt that our resources could help another distributed computing project such as [email protected], we have chosen to put our fire-power behind [email protected] It has been that way since the start of the forum, and will continue to do so.

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anklebiter
Pfft... if you wish, you can switch over and look for aliens using SETI.
Depends on what you consider "Worthwhile"

mm screw that SETI crap im lookin after earth first

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anklebiter
Pfft... if you wish, you can switch over and look for aliens using SETI.
Depends on what you consider "Worthwhile"

my school is #41 in the world for SETI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.