Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 750mhz core and i tried to overclock the memory but locked up in vantage and had to hard reset.

went from 1687 to 1720

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
"I HAVE FINALLY GOTTEN FERMI!!!" You forgot the indefinite article "a" anyway, I get better performance with the VRAM running at a rate good enough to keep up with GPU needs, if it's faster than the GPU it won't help your benchmarks, just don't let your card bottleneck at it's memory I suppose.

~I HAVE FINALLY GOTTEN A FERMI!!!~

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8ight
View Post

"I HAVE FINALLY GOTTEN FERMI!!!" You forgot the indefinite article "a" anyway, I get better performance with the VRAM running at a rate good enough to keep up with GPU needs, if it's faster than the GPU it won't help your benchmarks, just don't let your card bottleneck at it's memory I suppose.

~I HAVE FINALLY GOTTEN A FERMI!!!~

thanks grammar nazi.

thanks though

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32
View Post

thanks grammar nazi.

thanks though

Ah, I only joke with it, *high fives for Fermis*

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
At this point, I've had 6 Fermi's in my possession that I messed around overclocking with. 3 470's and 3 480's. Four of the six (and all the 470's) had this same issue ... the memory wouldn't OC for crap if you OC the core as well. So this issue is very common. The good news is, the core clocks matter a lot more, so ... OC the core as far as it goes, and don't worry too much about the memory. The Fermi cards have a good amount of memory bandwidth even at stock settings.

• Rep+
Reactions: windfire

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by brettjv View Post
At this point, I've had 6 Fermi's in my possession that I messed around overclocking with. 3 470's and 3 480's. Four of the six (and all the 470's) had this same issue ... the memory wouldn't OC for crap if you OC the core as well. So this issue is very common. The good news is, the core clocks matter a lot more, so ... OC the core as far as it goes, and don't worry too much about the memory. The Fermi cards have a good amount of memory bandwidth even at stock settings.
this is the answer i wanted. thanks.

yeah, it locks up and artifacts in vantage if i go past 1720 on the mem, so i'm going to revert it back to stock (1687) and milk 800 core out of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts