Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm familiar with all the computer part. i build more than six compuer before. never touch a laptop so was wondering if it the same thing just like the desktop? just match the mhz and the latency on the ram right? what other thing do i need to know. please give me advice!!

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
If you built even one computer notebook RAM will not cause you any issues. I have no advice because you don't need it. You can do no problem. Just a little smaller (SO-DIMM) same concepts. Good luck and go for it!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
It is easy. It's the same thing as a laptop. I only opened Dell laptops to see how to insert it into slot, but I think most are the same. You slide it a bit and it will pop out. Then you insert it in and you press it down and push it.

And I actually have 2 different memories running on my Dell laptop. It automatically detects the weaker link, for me that is.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Depending on your laptop, is usually under a panel on the backside which has a screw or two. It could also be under your keyboard, just depending on the model. As for taking them out, it is fairly easy. There is a clamp on each side of the ram which you will have to push out at the same time. The ram then pops up and you can now pull it out. To install them, you slide the ram carefully at an angle then press down and the clamps should click back into place securing the ram module.

·
Registered
613 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.