Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is it the farther I push my CPU past the stock voltage, the slower my PC seems to be? I know the benchmarks don't lie, but when I'm on higher clocks, the desktop seems to load slower and the welcome screen seems to stick around for just a little bit longer. Am I paranoid? Thoughts please.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
It's just you, ever see something go by fast, so you rewind it and it ends up bring super slow? i get that alot.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FenixFlame
View Post

Is it just me or is it the farther I push my CPU past the stock voltage, the slower my PC seems to be? I know the benchmarks don't lie, but when I'm on higher clocks, the desktop seems to load slower and the welcome screen seems to stick around for just a little bit longer. Am I paranoid? Thoughts please.

it could be that your cpu is overheating.. what are your temps?

·
The Computer Guy
6,488 Posts
the more cpu speed i give mine the faster it loads,but i can't get it stable.so i backed it back to 2.80 & it seems like its loading slow,but in fact its running great,so don't let it fool you,just keep messing around with those memory clock speeds & u will get to that sweet spot.

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
I think this is a think with memory timing. I guess what I'm trying to say is that my RAM is currently at a 1:1 ratio w/ my FSB (250:250), so when you raise your FSB (or w/e intel calls it) it will cause your CPU to be running faster than the RAM. Especially when you have to lower the divider on the RAM.

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weedvender
View Post

Get a stop watch?

Thats one good way too find a real world improvement.

Also insatbility will slow down a computer.

Check your ram and cpu for stability with any multitude of benches and stress testing. I usually try memtest then orthos, and intel burn test.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've never played around with the memory timings. My timing right now is still stock, 5-5-5-15. My RAM is at 945 MHz.

Also, CPU idles at 50 degrees.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FenixFlame
View Post

I've never played around with the memory timings. My timing right now is still stock, 5-5-5-15. My RAM is at 945 MHz.

Also, CPU idles at 50 degrees.

That's a really high idle temp. What are the temps under full load? (prime95/orthos small FFTs tests)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two instances of Orthos on Small FFT's is 58 on Core 0.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts