Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering b/c I have an unused SCII beta key and school has been keeping me busy up to my arss and I can't play so I was wondering if it was legal to sell my Battle.net account or my SCII beta key.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aznboy1993
View Post

Was just wondering b/c I have an unused SCII beta key and school has been keeping me busy up to my arss and I can't play so I was wondering if it was legal to sell my Battle.net account or my SCII beta key.

Thanks!

Pretty sure this is against EULA - you're selling something that isn't your property. Violating the EULA isn't technically illegal though as indicated above.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya that's what i was thinking... ive seen ppl sell on ebay for like $300 or something crazy. lol i dnt rly evn wanna make that much money. jus a lil to compensate, yu know?

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
Quote:

View Post

ya that's what i was thinking... ive seen ppl sell on ebay for like $300 or something crazy. lol i dnt rly evn wanna make that much money. jus a lil to compensate, yu know?

Compensate for what? Beta's a free opt-in iirc...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Against this forums ToS to discuss.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ApexVIII
View Post

Umm I am not really sure I assume you couldnsell the whole account. People sel wow accounts all the time right??

Off topic How much was your sc1 Game? I can't find my old sc1 game lol

LOL I have like 3 copies of SC and BW. I used to play with my friends ALL the time, now I have now life :/

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
Quote:

View Post

for the rest of the stuff i have lol. ive got wc3 roc/tft and sc1 on it as well.

Well, that's definitely different.

Problem is, just because other games are attached, doesn't mean that you have the right to sell something that's proprietary to ActiBlizzard. Just because other people are doing stuff doesn't make it right either.

So... to actually answer your question - is it illegal? No. But it does violate the TOS (sorry, not EULA), which puts you (and your potential buyer) at risk of certain repercussions.

From the Battle.net Terms of Service: (Which was written a year ago today, coincidentally)

8. Ownership

B. Account.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN THE ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO THE ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF BLIZZARD. Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift, or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void.

·
Premium Member
10,187 Posts
You do not own the virtual account, only the disk and key, so no, you can't legally sell something that isn't yours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.