Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're not installing an operating system on your RAID array?

I have two new Seagate Barracudas which I intend to use in RAID 0 using my MoBo's onboard RAID controller. But I do not have a floppy drive to install the drivers and its the only way to install it with my operating system. I have Windows 7 but I have an old MoBo and the drivers from the CD and the website are "copytoa" only and wont work unless they are on a hard drive.

So my question is do I need to install the drivers if the HD with my OS will not be a part of a RAID array? I will have my Barracudas in RAID 0 w/o an OS(just for my games, movies, music, and such).

·
Premium Member
4,496 Posts
You don't need a floppy drive to load drivers. Win7 includes most RAID drivers on installation DVD, and if yours are not there (hint: fill in your system specs), they can be loaded from USB or CD during installation.
..a

·
No desktop currently :(
2,134 Posts
You shouldn't need to mess with all that stuff since you're using Windows 7. And even if you were using XP, I think that you would be able to install the drivers within Windows since the array wouldn't be used for booting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts