Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for a x1900 crossfire edition card to get up around 80-90 degrees Celcius during very high end game play at 660/765MHz. My card is stable and all, but it just seems hot for a graphics card. One thing that is deceiving to me is the fact that during high end play, I can exit the game window with Alt/Tab and then check the temperature really fast. I can see 90 degrees celcius but then see it drop 20 degrees celcius in 2 seconds. Is my temperature reading not right, or is my graphics card able to cool itself really, really fast? Also, this pertains to processors, I'm running at 2.55GHz on a Athlon 4200 dual core processor at 230x11 and during high end play it peaks at 62 degrees celcius. Is this a bad temperature for this processor, or should I go out and get a better processor cooling fan?

·

29,532 Posts
Yeah, X1900's are known to get very hot, especially when they're stacked upside eachother like yours.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
90 seems a bit high. My x1950xtx idles at 37 whilst full load is 65, look for an aftermarket vga cooler<br><br>
And your cpu temps are very high. 50-55c is the max you want it, again look for an aftermarket cooler

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I have a slot after market cooler fan in between my graphic and sound card. Graphic card meaning one, not two and this runs idle at 58 degrees celcius while at 660/1530MHz with an overclocked processor at 2.55GHz. What is the best brands of aftermarket cooling devices. I want to buy something really nice if I do buy something. Does anyone think that I should be able to pump out more GHz out of my processor from where it is at 2.55GHz to somewhere around 2.60 or does this change even make much of a difference?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts