Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've been stable for over 3 years now and I just had a BSOD randomly when I had an email open. I've installed nothing new.

The reason I'm suspecting the email is because when I open it on my iPad email app (the default email app), it crashes everytime.

This is a legit email and I know it's from a safe source. It has a PDF attachment and that's it. I've restarted my PC and not opened the email, it's been fine so far.

The email crashing my ipad, causing a BSOD...what could be wrong?

I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks!

·
Software Developer
7,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8564dan View Post

Hi guys,

I've been stable for over 3 years now and I just had a BSOD randomly when I had an email open. I've installed nothing new.

The reason I'm suspecting the email is because when I open it on my iPad email app (the default email app), it crashes everytime.

This is a legit email and I know it's from a safe source. It has a PDF attachment and that's it. I've restarted my PC and not opened the email, it's been fine so far.

The email crashing my ipad, causing a BSOD...what could be wrong?

I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks!
I am currently an Exchange administrator, thus have a lot of Outlook troubleshooting, is this email opened in Outlook or a web-based email service such as gmail, yahoo, etc.?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This email was opened with Outlook...but the hotmail.com online service.

·
Meeeeeeeow!
2,231 Posts
Does it crash when you attempt to open it with the browser?

If so, then it's probably the email itself. If it doesn't, it looks like it is probably an issue with Outlook.

Have the sender re-send the email and see as well. If that re-sent email also crashes on both a browser and Outlook, it's the email itself. You'll have to look into getting another way to getting it to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts