Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by $ilent View Post
ah right fantastic, so how come it only says wifi 802.11 b/g on the iphone itself??
because you can get wireless g reception on a wireless N router.

BUT

you cant get wireless n reception with a wireless g adapter (iphone)

MAKE SENSE?

·
Premium Member
15,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ah right yeah it does, thanks guys!

Just one last question, i got iphone today on o2 and it says unlimited wifi and data, so theoretically i can leave my iphone on internet 24/7 and i wont get charged diddly squat? Unless i physically buy something im assuming?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Quote:

Just one last question, i got iphone today on o2 and it says unlimited wifi and data, so theoretically i can leave my iphone on internet 24/7 and i wont get charged diddly squat? Unless i physically buy something im assuming?
correct, however i head of a guy that used like 2gb worth of net and i got a message in the mail that said "please try to use less net, blah, blah, blah" but they legally cant do anything about it.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Quote:

Most phone companies say unlimited but have a 5gb cap(and charge 30c per KB after 5gb), check the fine print....

Edit: In America anyways....

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Quote:

Be careful - most providors have a fair usage policy, and will charge you a lot of money for going over it.

·
Premium Member
15,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
right i see, m,y ihpone is currently using 3G connection, but im sat next to the roter, before it connected to the router then lost signal downstairs, how do i set it so that the iphone auto connects to router if in range and not use 3g?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Iphone 3gs is does not have a wireless N adapter in it, it is a wireless G adapter. Ya sure you can connect you iphone to a wireless N router, but that is only because the wireless mode on the router is most likely set to mixed mode, which allows all wireless 802.11 protocols. Once you set you routers wireless mode to only allow wireless N, your Iphone 3gs will not connect. If you don't believe me just try it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts