Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pump I will be talking about is the DAZMODE STORM DDC 3.2 PWM 18W PUMP ( Laing DDC-3.25TPPWM4)

For the last couple of months ive been putting my DDC pump mod on standby because of school work. I was trying to shorten the cables and then sleeve them. I got to the sleeving part and stopped when I needed to crimp on the pins.

So my friend recently invited my to a Lan party which is tomorrow and all my gaming parts are set up to be water cooled but havent due to a missing pump. Rushing to finish this pump mod, I realized that all the pins that I ordered were only the ones for pci-e type connectors.

So Ive been trying to reuse the molex pins from the cable that I cut but i cant get the conductor crimp/ wire grip part open. Ive been trying for a couple hours now but to no success so far.

Since all I have available to use is PCI-E pins, I want to know if its possible to use those pins and connect the pump through a PCI-E cable or something.

Or is it possible to open the conductor crimp, and ive just been going about it the wrong way?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could try although i have no experience with soldering and have no soldering equipment

·
Registered
818 Posts
You aren't going to be able to re-open the crimp. Not without destroying it. Your only real option is soldering it. That or cutting a long wire with a fat-4pin connector and mashing the two together with a crimp cap and electrical taping it. You can get that stuff at home depot for cheap. Note: this is not an ideal or long term solution. But it will solve your problem it time for your LAN party.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by luciddreamer124 View Post

If you do have female atx, you can just wire the pump directly to the power supply. Just use one of the molex PSU connectors and plug in the 12v and ground from the pump.
wow thanks ill try doing that then

1 - 8 of 8 Posts