Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Asus 7770HD 1GB and my friend is giving me his MSI 1GB 7770, i was wondering if you can crossfire the 2 of them.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yes you can

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes you can, as long as they are the same chip, and preferably the same Vram size, then you'll be good to go.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Allen View Post

I have a Asus 7770HD 1GB and my friend is giving me his MSI 1GB 7770, i was wondering if you can crossfire the 2 of them.
as long as they have the exact same video memory and they are 7770's then its fine. i was running a gigabyte GTX 570 and a gainward GTX 570 in SLI and it was fine. also i would upgrade your power supply it most likely wont support 2 7770's
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
22,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiRoR View Post

Yes you can, as long as they are the same chip, and preferably the same Vram size, then you'll be good to go.
thumb.gif
AMD is actually even more flexible then that. You can crossfire 7970 with 7950 for example:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by EoL RiNzleR View Post

as long as they have the exact same video memory and they are 7770's then its fine. i was running a gigabyte GTX 570 and a gainward GTX 570 in SLI and it was fine. also i would upgrade your power supply it most likely wont support 2 7770's
thumb.gif
Btw, whats the difference if i get a 750W Psupply that is 80W bronze to a non bronze ?

·
Premium Member
22,343 Posts
Quote:

Btw, whats the difference if i get a 750W Psupply that is 80W bronze to a non bronze ?
Bronze is just a rating of how efficient the PSU is. More efficient will save you some electricity in the long run.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Quote:

try getting a 750W PSU with a bronze or silver rating, that would be the most effective thing for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

Bronze is just a rating of how efficient the PSU is. More efficient will save you some electricity in the long run.
yup!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts