Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like the title says windows is getting annoying with this warning i already know the drive is failing and i don't care, all im using that system for is HTPC if it dies im not worried I've got 3 others. With that said is it possible to permanently disable this warning?

·
Premium Member
6,636 Posts
Some BIOS allow you to disable SMART monitoring, usually it would be located near the SATA/IDE controller setup. That might work since it's likely that Windows is basing it's warnings off of the SMART data.

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryDemon View Post

Some BIOS allow you to disable SMART monitoring, usually it would be located near the SATA/IDE controller setup. That might work since it's likely that Windows is basing it's warnings off of the SMART data.
it says it's already disabled

·
Premium Member
10,774 Posts
So what I don't get is...

1. You know its failing
2. You have three others
3. Yet you still want to disable the warning message.

Just replace the freakin' drive - this solves two problems:

1. It removes the warning message by proxy of a new drive.
2. You remove a failing drive which will cause more problems than just a warning message.

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompsonn View Post

So what I don't get is...

1. You know its failing
2. You have three others
3. Yet you still want to disable the warning message.

Just replace the freakin' drive - this solves two problems:

1. It removes the warning message by proxy of a new drive.
2. You remove a failing drive which will cause more problems than just a warning message.
I will replace it eventually i just don't have the time right now and its annoying seeing it every 10 minutes

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompsonn View Post

... right

Control Panel -> Action Center -> Change Action Center settings -> Uncheck Drive status under Maintenance messages.
thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.