Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a monitor 2 days ago(LG2242C-BN) and it's a downgrade to my previous one, I just want to turn the backlight off,
everything is too bright, and the bottom is too bright.

I'd give it back but the company i bought it from doesn't accept returns or give me my money back. LG support wasn't very helpful either.

Thanks

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiivari View Post

You do realize you won't be able to see almost anything if you actually remove the backlight?
I'm just out of ideas, I can't stare at this thing for more than 10 minutes and my eyes start to hurt, before i could look at it for 12 hours and everything was ok. CCC doesn't help much, neither do the monitor setting themselves, there's always this greyish-too bright thin on it

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiivari View Post

Aww man, that's sad. No returns huh? was it some opened box deal or something?
One solution would be to start using some sort of glasses, it actually helps your eyes not get dry on the computer
biggrin.gif
Well no, it was just a regular purchase from a store here, and the only way i can do something with that same store is return it as faulty, which won't end well and they'll just say "it works fine." Glasses are too expensive... f.lux doesn't help either.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocstar96 View Post

Drinking a lot of water helps, and I read here at ocn someone that you should look away from you monitor every couple of minutes for 30 seconds.

Also how bright is it? Do you have any pictures?
Yeah, i know about that and do it when i remember, lol.

And i took some with my phone but my USB doesn't work for some reason

·
Registered
951 Posts
Can't return to store for an exchange to a different brand/model? I could see them not allowing full refunds, but most stores allow exchanges.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaDrumz76 View Post

Can't return to store for an exchange to a different brand/model? I could see them not allowing full refunds, but most stores allow exchanges.
Nope, no exchanges, no money back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht-kid View Post

Yeah, make sure your hydrated, I work on dual 24's at work and If ive not had enough to drink my eyes go dead.

Also what about the color temperature/tinting options?
Hmmm i just set them to more of a reddish picture, and it helps too, but only by a bit
redface.gif

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocstar96 View Post

thinking.gif

Smoked acrylic mod your monitor?
biggrin.gif
thought about that, but nope, must be expensive though D:

Meh, looks like there really is no way except the brightness/contrast thing, so basically i bought a horrible monitor
biggrin.gif
wee.

tried to angle it too, if the bottom pat is..okay then the top is so dark i can barely see white text. Shoulda bought a normal LCD.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Does this issue occurs with all back light LED monitors? I'm thinking of buying a new monitor (a led one) and i'm afraid i'll notice this. Currently i'm using an lcd... it's a big difference between LCD and LED? (i tried already to look at the store but i can't see no big differences, but there's also too much light around....)

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesoul View Post

Does this issue occurs with all back light LED monitors? I'm thinking of buying a new monitor (a led one) and i'm afraid i'll notice this. Currently i'm using an lcd... it's a big difference between LCD and LED? (i tried already to look at the store but i can't see no big differences, but there's also too much light around....)
No, only difference between an LCD and LED is the backlight. The Panel is the same for whatever monitor you choose. All the LEDs are white lights that act just like a regular bulb CFL backlight.

Light Bleed and poor panel is usually just from a cheap monitor or a fault in the construction.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Taking it back on monday. Just found out i have 7(or more) days to return anything, its the law. Hopefully i get an LCD. I do not recommend LED's. perhaps mine is low quality, but this is just bad.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.