Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been messing around with my new Gtx 980, and when I have the card on stock settings my card runs at around 1442mhz. Why is this so high out of the box? I know these cards are excellent performers but it almost seems too good to be true. And it is even more too good to be true when I overclock it and it speeds up to 1600mhz. Is this real, or is there something wrong with my computer? Any input or your thoughts on the matter would be great.

·
Premium Member
17,349 Posts
if the gpuz sensor monitoring tab shows 1600 and it didnt downclock throttle or crash then yes you have it at 1600+

·
Registered
633 Posts
It's real lol. I see you have a Hydro Copper. I have the same card does the same. I thought it was a little weird at first too but it does do that lol. You can most likely hit 8000 mem as well. YMMV

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts
I am impressed at the OC ability og the 9 series, i only have a gtx970, however i was running +275 core, and +250 mem for some benchmarks,

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
my Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970
has a factory overclock of 1329mhz but I have been able to get to 1605mhz boost. so yeah your 980 can get there.

·
100+ fps
2,466 Posts
Both my 970s can hit 1600 and loop 3dmark and valley all day long, but crash in BF4 within 15 mins.

·
Registered
633 Posts
There's a lot of buzzing about the latest drivers having issues. I can run Far cry 4 for hours at 1600 8000. Load up COD AW and it will crash in minutes.

·
Premium Member
17,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elloquin View Post

There's a lot of buzzing about the latest drivers having issues. I can run Far cry 4 for hours at 1600 8000. Load up COD AW and it will crash in minutes.
thats not a driver issue.

not all cards can do a certain overclock in every game.

my card can run game X at 1700 mhz all day, but to run 1700 mhz in game Y it needs either more voltage or i need to bring it down to 1600 mhz. Not a driver issue, its a card issue.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged View Post

my card can run game X at 1700 mhz all day, but to run 1700 mhz in game Y it needs either more voltage or i need to bring it down to 1600 mhz. Not a driver issue, its a card issue.
yep you are correct, I can run all my games/programs at 1605mhz but game ETS2 I get a TDR 5 mins into playing, I have to run that game at 1568mhz.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged View Post

If it hadn't worked fine before the driver update I would absolutely agree with you
tongue.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts