1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Not New to OCN
1,750 Posts
Take the 30 seconds it takes to turn off your computer and clean it then. lol

·
Folding Fanatic
1,484 Posts
I would remove the card and take it outside if I were you, Kind of pointless to remove the dust into the environment that the card live in, it'll just suck the dust right back in!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryDharok View Post

I know, but i need to leave it on.. can't hibernate sleep shutdown or whatever :S
...? why?
wth.gif
I'd honestly take the 30 seconds to do it or wait to clean it when you can. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't do anything but I honestly wouldn't try it just to be safe because my luck, I'd break my whole pc.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
do it with the computer off.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
As long as you aren't spraying the can upside down like a moron it'll be fine.

But why would you blow dust everywhere just for the system to take it back in...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Turn it off and blow it out if you don't know how to remove the card. Don't use the compressed air upside down or shake the can.

Or you can cross your fingers and blow it out while it's on. Though, I wouldn't...and you shouldn't either.

From 4 beta.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Blowing at a fan while on power might have unwanted consequences.
Years ago a fellow technician used an electric blower on the psu of a PC while it was running and the psu burned up and started blowing sparks.
Probably something to do with lower electrical impedance or the fan working as a generator or just bad luck.
And don't make the fan turn too quickly, might break a blade.

·
PC Evangelist
47,375 Posts
You never want to have the fan moving when using compressed air. Will just kill the fan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts