Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend was telling me something like dells mod there psu's so u cant upgrade is it true if so tell me cuz im curious

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
reps ll come ur way !

·
Registered
398 Posts
hmm i never heard that , is he sure ill have to look around ,, but if they use good psu you would'nt have to have a mod psu .. ill look around im bored anyways lol hmm i have somthing to do now lol..be right back ill do some searching on it............sht i read it wrong sorry but ill look into that then geeze im must be realy bored lol.brb

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Well I have a dell Dimension 2400 here at work and I'm looking at the psu from inside the case and outside, and It's a standard ATX PSU. Even the mounting holes are in the same places as the computer I have at home.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good cuz i got a 8300 guess it will fit yay im getin probly the aspire cuz cheaper but my friend said it has bad rails idk i might get the 550watt true power any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenate6

good cuz i got a 8300 guess it will fit yay im getin probly the aspire cuz cheaper but my friend said it has bad rails idk i might get the 550watt true power any suggestions?

The true power is a much better PSU.

The aspire looks better but from what I've seen the rails is a matter of luck.. Some people swear by them, some say it's crap...

Go with the antec if it's an option.

·
Registered
398 Posts
well i looked , can't find anything thats says that . but like they said or get a thermaltake psu are good too the ( butterfly) is good also..BUT if you want nothin but the best i would suggest pcpower and cooling there pricey but very good psu..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts