Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering is it worth it to give 850 EU for a 1440p monitor ?
The monitor I was looking at is

ASUS
PG278Q

The problem is my country, you can barely get anything cheap of high end components, because if i live at USA i would instantly buy this monitor and even the simple GPU is same price as 1-2 high end GPU.

NOTE: Here in my country everything is 20% more expensive.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also my PC specs are:

i5 2500K
MSI GTX 970

Mainly gaming and nothing else.

My current monitor is Samsung S22A300B and is still working as it first arrived.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Which country are you from? If you can buy from ebay I would highly recommend something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-ll-Matte-Off-grade-27-PLS-Panel-2560x1440-PC-Monitor-/131353045737?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item1e95406ae9

I have the same monitor and it is fantastic. Especially at the price. Granted, it may not be of quite the same quality as the ASUS you are looking at, but I have had mine for a couple of years now and am very happy with it. I prefer it over my $800 Dell U2711

EDIT: I realise that may not technically answer your question, but to that point, I would say that if you are just looking for a good 1440p monitor, with nothing too much fancy, I would definitely go with the QNIX over the one you mentioned. And, just a side note, the seller I linked you to is the same I bought mine from, coincidentally. Their service was very good.

Double EDIT: I just realised that link I gave you was for off-quality panels. Just have a glance through these:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=qx2710&_from=R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC2.A0.H0&_nkw=qx2710&_sacat=0
There are other equivalent Korean monitors, but I forget their names at the moment.

·
Registered
842 Posts
A monitor is a piece of equipment for your PC you A) use 100% of the time and B) aren't going to replace within 1-2 years. It's worth spending money on to get the best if you can afford it.

That being said, buying the TN version right now is a bad idea because ASUS is releasing an IPS version within the year that I imagine will make the TN version obsolete.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Should i Stick with my Monitor for now and buy Asus ROG PG278 in a year or two or buy now some 1080p 144Hz or 1440p 60 Hz Monitor ?

·
Registered
842 Posts
I can't really advise you on that given you're in another country with a poor economy. The PG278 is a good monitor if you're ok with trading Gsync and 144hz for a crappy TN panel. Otherwise, I'd wait for the PM278, but this is advise for Americans/Western Europeans...I don't know if the prices will ever come down or if that panel will ever even come to your country, or if it would end up being a ton more money for import and shipping plus price premium.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well here are some monitor sive been looking:

BenQ XL2420Z 367 EU

and

Asus VG248QE 312 EU

Don't know should i buy either of these 2 or wait a year or two for Asus one.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
As others have said in this (and your other) thread it would be best to wait. If you look at our (OCN) news page you can see new monitors that are coming out with very good specs, essentially what a lot of us have been waiting for. I would take a look at what price point these come out at before you jump on a TN panel.

Asus MG279Q 1440p IPS 120Hz monitor

Acer XB270HU G-Sync, 1440p IPS 144Hz monitor

·
Registered
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanVXL View Post

If you look at our (OCN) news page you can see new monitors that are coming out with very good specs, essentially what a lot of us have been waiting for. I would take a look at what price point these come out at before you jump on a TN panel.
So what price points they will be in?
Near 500 €?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapsa View Post

So what price points they will be in?
Near 500 €?
All I did was quote the news threads for the new monitors and told OP to wait before buying a TN over a similarly spec'd IPS. I have no idea what price they will be and am waiting myself on their price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts