Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy me a new graphics card and i was wondering wether this card (256MB X/Vision GeForce FX5700LE DDR TV/DVI) would be a good choice? I dont have too much money but this is down for £70 wondering if anyone thought it was better or anyone knew were i can pick up a card thats just as good for the same price. Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,589 Posts
For the price, I think that 5700 would be nice for you! You can always OC it! hehehe

I browsed around and only was able to find 5200's in that range...and the 5200's are worth buying...

The 5700 isnt the most amazing card in the world, but for 70...it can be!

I think you will enjoy that card alot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot! I think i will pick this up then.

Would installing basically be simply puttin it in and then turning my PC on? Also would i have to take anything else in account, Cooling or my PSU?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,589 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ftmscott

Thanks alot! I think i will pick this up then.

Would installing basically be simply puttin it in and then turning my PC on? Also would i have to take anything else in account, Cooling or my PSU?

As long as you have something more than 300Watts for a psu, you'll be fine.

And yes, install is drop in...and turn on. (and then do the drivers accordingly)

If you OC high enough, you'll need extra cooling, but that is a bridge to cross at another time. For now, stock cooling will do you just fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:


Originally Posted by Xavier1421

As long as you have something more than 300Watts for a psu, you'll be fine.

And yes, install is drop in...and turn on. (and then do the drivers accordingly)

If you OC high enough, you'll need extra cooling, but that is a bridge to cross at another time. For now, stock cooling will do you just fine.

Do you mean if i have a 300W PSU or More or just something higher than 300 like 400 for example? I really need to find out what PSU i have and what type of cooling i have, i didnt buy this PC you see, aint got the cash at 16
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,589 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ftmscott

Do you mean if i have a 300W PSU or More or just something higher than 300 like 400 for example? I really need to find out what PSU i have and what type of cooling i have, i didnt buy this PC you see, aint got the cash at 16


Sorry for the confusion


As long as its 300 watts and higher, you should be fine.

Cooling? Don't sweat it, you won't need any extra cooling anytime soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool cheers is there any way to tell what type of PSU i have, but i am guessing it shud be 300 or more
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just found out that my PSU is 200watt! Damn lol please dont take the piss


Anyway is it easy and cheap to replace the PSU if i want this graphics card.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ftmscott

Just found out that my PSU is 200watt! Damn lol please dont take the piss


Anyway is it easy and cheap to replace the PSU if i want this graphics card.

it's very easy to replace the PSU. how much depends on which PSU you buy. I wouldn't get anything below 400w myself, My recomendation would be a true 430 from Antec. http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...103-908&depa=0

It may sound like overkill, but at least if you upgrade later you will have enough power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
I wouldn't buy the LE version. I would get the "vanilla" version atleast. It costs a little more, but its worth it. You'll get better performance.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top