Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
From my standpoint the BT would be a much better buy. Why you ask? Well, along with cooling your CPU off, the fan will spread more air to your other components when it hits the board. This effect could slightly cool your RAM and also your MOSFETS (which generate a lot of heat that could transfer to your CPU). The Freezer, as it's designed, would pass through the fins and straight out the back of your case.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiendofmine

a really good fanless quite one is the Xp-90

It's design to use a fan for optimal performance ... very good unit.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiendofmine

a really good fanless quite one is the Xp-90

the xp-90/120 are both meant to be used with a fan, it can be misleading because it usually ships without a fan mounted on it.
The big typhoon is quiet and does a good job, just make sure your mobo is compatible before you get it.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
i agree w/ tytlyf ... go w/ the TT BT .... i love mine it works great and its not as hard to mount as everyone says.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
the BT is the best air cooler your money can buy, it works as good as some cheap water systems... but its only 50$ us.... so if you want the best bang for buck, i think the BT is it! lol

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
yep. bt or xp-120, btw.. the xp-120 is ALOT lighter. If you have a dfi board and go to lanparties, the bt is not for you because it is top heave and puts alot of pressure on your mobo/cpu.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts