Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
At this point I'd wait to see what next year has to offer. My single 5870 still maxes everything I play, I wouldn't be worried about upgrading at this point.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
6850's in CF already match a 6970... Why are you sidegrading?

EDIT: 6850 x2 beats a 6970, and 6870 x2 absolutely smashes a 580.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's less common for a HD 6950 to unlock nowadays. But a 6970 is not worth 100 more. Just buy a 6950 O/C and enjoy. 6950's will come close and even beat a stock 6970 when overclocked.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ro9...

So the Toxic looks like a good choice as I think thats a unlocked one at factory...

As to my current cards... They are giving me a world of problems, after many months of trying to figure them out, thought it might be best just to go back to a single card... I barely use them on crossfire anyway lol.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stilldawn
View Post

Thanks Ro9...

So the Toxic looks like a good choice as I think thats a unlocked one at factory...

As to my current cards... They are giving me a world of problems, after many months of trying to figure them out, thought it might be best just to go back to a single card... I barely use them on crossfire anyway lol.

Well it's a lottery with the toxic tbh. I have heard some come unlocked and some don't. Either way you will have a great card.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts