Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have american megatren inc appolo kt400 02/04/2001 bios is it worth upgrading it runs fine at the moment ,would i see any benafits upgrading to newer bios,or should i leave it alone.

athlonxp2600
9700pro
160hard d
1 gig ram

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcham

i have american megatren inc appolo kt400 02/04/2001 bios is it worth upgrading it runs fine at the moment ,would i see any benafits upgrading to newer bios,or should i leave it alone.

athlonxp2600
9700pro
160hard d
1 gig ram

I have an older P3 system that I recently upgraded the BIOS. The number of options grew at least twofold. Now my overclock on that system is better due to a BIOS change: now I can access memory timings.

Depending on the nature of the changes, upgrading might be the way to go. find out what is different from the version you have right now and what is the purpose of your system. Then make a decision.

·
Registered
56 Posts
yup....make sure you read the description of the new firmware; new firmware isnt always useful. If it's beneficial for you, go for it, but i suggest you take your time and read as many procedures and your manfacturer's firmware update readmes cuz you dont wanna screw up a firmware flash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts