Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that Kana V2 is better than Avior 7000 in terms of shape for clawing, but that Avior is superior tracking.

Does anyone have experience clawing with both who can give some insight?

·
Registered
770 Posts
When you claw a mouse, lighter weight is preferred. Kana V2 is the winner. Good luck with that 4000dpi sROM delay though.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilizum View Post

When you claw a mouse, lighter weight is preferred. Kana V2 is the winner. Good luck with that 4000dpi sROM delay though.
Do you have a source for this? I haven't heard about a delay with the Kana V2.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
There is no lag in my setup* noticeable between a WMO and Avior.
And I'm usually very picky about delay.

* I'm using a XL2411 with Lightboost and did most of r0ach's tweak tips from his forum post.

·
Registered
770 Posts
That monitor only gives the illusion that it is not present. Try 60hz and 1 m/s and you will see it clear as day without the illusion. Avior 7000 3310 sensor has less delay than the 4000 dpi sROM, so it is understandable if you do not notice it compared with the WMO, especially on that monitor. If you do a real flick from memory, then the 4000 dpi sROM variants will never land compared to the responsiveness of MLT04 sensor mice, G400 (non s variant), or older Deathadders, for example.

As for the source, there's a whole thread for it, which isn't necessary if you can go see for yourself. If you do not notice it, then your experience may be to blame, analogous with an experienced boxer's punches to not be visible to a person with much less experience.
boxing3.gif

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Ugh... I'm not even going to bother fighting the phantom "Smoothing" stuff any more. I'm an experienced gamer and notice no noticeable flaws in the sensor of the Avior. I am using a 120Hz monitor as well, so maybe the "Illusion" of no lag is fooling me.

I'd recommend the Avior. Just give it a shot. I think you'll enjoy it as long as the grip suits you. You probably won't enjoy it as much as you would if you never came here and let people put stuff in your head about imperceivable flaws that will in no way impact your performance in game.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
I've been playing FPS for 7 years and at least 3000-4000 hours. Both on 120 and 144 Hz on my VG248QE, there is no delay noticeable whatsoever between my Avior and my FK. Take that as a data point.

Give the Avior a shot, seriously. I don't hype these things for no reason. I'm an engineer, we make decisions based on fact, and the fact is that the Avior is the best build quality mouse with the highest overall performing optical sensor available right now, period. There is no disputing that. Whether you like the shape is up to you, though.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Quote:

That monitor only gives the illusion that it is not present. Try 60hz and 1 m/s and you will see it clear as day without the illusion.
Care to explain?
Why is input delay of a mouse more noticeable on 60Hz monitor than 120Hz?
I'm glad that there is no perceivable difference noticeable, as I will definitely keep using high monitor Hz and Lightboost as it feels too awesome.

Quote:

Avior 7000 3310 sensor has less delay than the 4000 dpi sROM, so it is understandable if you do not notice it compared with the WMO, especially on that monitor.
That was my gist from earlier threads about the newer mice that use the 3310 sensor.
The older 3090 4000 sROM probably has heavier smoothing algorithms applied is what I thought.

Quote:

If you do a real flick from memory, then the 4000 dpi sROM variants will never land compared to the responsiveness of MLT04 sensor mice, G400 (non s variant), or older Deathadders, for example.
Problem is I cannot even use the WMO on same sensitivity settings because of the poor sensor regarding max PCS.
Otherwise I would've kept my WMOs.

Quote:

As for the source, there's a whole thread for it, which isn't necessary if you can go see for yourself. If you do not notice it, then your experience may be to blame, analogous with an experienced boxer's punches to not be visible to a person with much less experience.
boxing3.gif
I game on PC since 13, which is now nearly 14 years ago. My most played games always fell and still fall into categories that require quick reactions, concentration, finicky details on screen, like for example osu!, Guitar Hero, Warsow, Painkiller (online, man I miss it), and so on.
Guess I make the experiment and use my monitor on 60Hz for some days to compare some mice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineDark View Post

Ugh... I'm not even going to bother fighting the phantom "Smoothing" stuff any more. I'm an experienced gamer and notice no noticeable flaws in the sensor of the Avior. I am using a 120Hz monitor as well, so maybe the "Illusion" of no lag is fooling me.
I'm starting to believe that all the smoothing shouters should just go out and buy a 120Hz monitor so they can enjoy newer mice instead of relying on the now pretty dusty MLT sensor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineDark View Post

I'd recommend the Avior. Just give it a shot. I think you'll enjoy it as long as the grip suits you. You probably won't enjoy it as much as you would if you never came here and let people put stuff in your head about imperceivable flaws that will in no way impact your performance in game.
Yep, this. There is and never will be a mouse that nobody will complain about something.
The closes to perfection regarding ambidextrous optical mice that I found in my years of searching now came to a sudden halt with the Avior.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The most complained thing in this forum has been Sensor performance.
We are getting slowly into the direction where people just can pick the mouse they like shapewise without bothering bout the sensor performance.

We just have to wait for future mice with the 3310. There are definitly well shaped mice that could need some refresh.
The Sensei, some Zowie mice..

·
PC Gamer
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2234 View Post

I've heard that Kana V2 is better than Avior 7000 in terms of shape for clawing, but that Avior is superior tracking.

Does anyone have experience clawing with both who can give some insight?
i own both, i prefer the Kana shape but like the sensor in the Avior.
i very much dislike the avior shape, for an ambidextrous mouse it too big and heavy. i think most ambi mice should be kana/g100s size and just as light.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I also own both mice. I agree with discoprince that the Avior 7000 has a better sensor and my general feeling is that a lighter mouse like the Kana V2 is better for claw or fingertip grip.

However, it isn't quite as black and white as he makes out. The Kana V2 still has a good implementation of the Avago 3090 with high perfect control speeds and many people don't notice the slight smoothing. The Avior 7000 shape is also good as a claw or fingertip grip mouse and some people prefer a heavier mouse because it makes it easier to steady your aim.

Both mice will be fine so make your decision based on your preferred shape and weight. Hope that helps
smile.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts