Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a very ****ty
laptop and was wondering if adding extra ram would have any effect on the onboard graphics.

Its an Acer aspire 5573zwxmi, with 1gb ram and graphics media accelerator 950.

-thanks

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
No effect.

Onboard may eat into your memory but you can't get better graphics if it's not eating it ALL.

Edit: Intel onboard graphics aren't for playing games if that's what you wanted to know, I'd probably give that laptop ATLEAST 2GB; 1GB is nothing for me

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
No, the GMA is restricted to using up to something like 64MB or 128MB. Adding more RAM won't change that.

·
Registered
228 Posts
but if you get a dual channel ram setup the bandwidth increase will improve the performence of the GMA.

I have seen great results with my intel X3100 going from 1gb to 4gb ram.

Also you can try GMAbooster to overclock your intel GMA.
just google "GMAbooster".

Another thing that may help is an overclocked FSB since it will give you faster ram(which the GMA is using) and the faster CPU.

Edit: don't expect great results though.

also this may be interesting for you:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/show...67#post5061567

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cccccc
View Post

but if you get a dual channel ram setup the bandwidth increase will improve the performence of the GMA.

I have seen great results with my intel X3100 going from 1gb to 4gb ram.

Also you can try GMAbooster to overclock your intel GMA.
just google "GMAbooster".

Another thing that may help is an overclocked FSB since it will give you faster ram(which the GMA is using) and the faster CPU.

Edit: don't expect great results though.

also this may be interesting for you:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/show...67#post5061567

ah cheers thats the sort of thing i was looking for. Mmm I new i couldnt use this for gaming just wanted a little bit of oomph in that department because it lags conciderbly on games like cs-s and AOE3.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.