Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just done putting everything together and started bleeding. I filled the loop up with the case standing on the back with the res pointing strait up. Filling went like a charm and no leaks.
Now when i start the pumps something does not look or sound right. Take a look at this video:
I first start the Swiftech 655 mounted on the right side of the rest, as you can see loads of bubbles come out of the silver pipe, but on the inlet of the res there are only a few bubles entering the res.

@ 23 Seconds i turn off the Swiftech 655 and start the Corsair D5 now no bubles enter the res, but it sounds way different then the 655. @ 39 Seconds i stop the Corsair and then turns on both at the same time.

Have been doing this and shifting the case from side to side for about 30min and cant see much bubles in the loop.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
The second pump is making that noise because water isn't flowing through it. It's worth checking your connections on the res.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are 4 connections on the pump. I run is as a single loop and therefor i have hooked Pump 1 Out to Pump 2 In. I have also removed the long plug on the side, and replaced it with the short one to run both tanks as one. Pump 2 Out and Pump 1 In Is connected to the loop with no leaks. Anything more i need to do for the res to work as it should?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have same res and 2 pumps

i use it like this,and does not seems to me there any problem with it

You need to use Long plug or it not will work

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy88 View Post

I have it connecting the two upper connections.
Then you MUST either put the long plug back in, or put the solid acrylic bypass plug in the upper right chamber, in place of the bleed pipe kit, for it to work.
Currently you are just recycling water through the reservoir.

If you switch the U pipe to the lower connections, you need to either use the long plug with the stock insert in the lower left chamber, or the short plug with the solid bypass insert in the lower left.

In my RP402x2 I use the bleed pipe kit in the upper right, standard insert in the lower left, the long plug, and the U pipe on the upper connections.
That configuration gives air bubbles 2 chances to escape the flow as they pass through the pumps and reservoir.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok im stuck here now. The manual included with this res is clearly bad. Says nothing about inserts what so ever. I found a manual on their page but it looks like they have made a Rev 2.0 Of the res that has a completly different design then Rev 1.0 - 1.3 ( i have 1.2)

This is the parts i have in addition to the bleed pipe, and the long + Short plug.

This is the way i had it before, and was not working:

The solid insert (To the right on Pic 1 will not fit into the lower left place like i think its intended, because its "mirrored" to what is must be, i can fit it like this:
Now what to do? I want to use the pumps in serial and i want to use both of the tanks.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy88 View Post

Now what to do? I want to use the pumps in serial and i want to use both of the tanks.
Thanks.
U pipe between P1 out and P2 in.
Bleed pipe insert in upper right.
Standard insert in lower left.
Long plug installed.

P1 will pump into the reservoir feeding P2, so don't loosen the fill port on the P2 side when P1 is running, except to "burp" air out of it.
The P2 side will run nearly full at all times, the fuller the better, and the P1 side will be where you top up the system as you bleed it, and as the system looses water over time.

If you leave the short plug in, like you have now, one of the pumps is just recycling water through the 2 chambers of the res.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Long plug...that's the only thing from the first pic onward you have to do. I believe that w/o it (in that configuration) you don't get the pressure differential needed to make the flow go properly. I have same setup and did the same thing originally. It took me forever to bleed. I asked Martin about it. He said put the pipe in. I did...bleed took 30 min. Baffle in bottom left...solid redirect piece top right...long pipe in. Left off the S-pipe because mine oxidized or something as we discussed in an earlier post

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have it like i posted in Picture 2 now, with the long pipe, looks like its working. Having Pump 2 running will get some seriouse bubles moving. While Pump 1 wont make any bubles at all. Could just be a part of the bleeding. Will have it running like this (both pumps on) for another 1-2 Hours and see if i can notice any difference.

Thanks guys, +rep.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts