Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
don't add in a high powered gpu with that

he can probably use this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026&Tpk=cx430

$20

should support 90% of all single gpu / cpu systems unless he has a

quadcore with hyperthreading + 7970 + overclocks
or a
hex/octacore with 7970 + overclocks

Otherwise, it'll handle everything for a mere $20.

Why that $20 unit? It's probably as cheap as that blue star one!
Because of this

https://www.google.com/search?q=cx430+review&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS512US512&aq=f&oq=cx430+review&aqs=chrome.0.57j0l2j62l3.1963&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS512US512&sclient=psy-ab&q=cx430+v2+review&oq=cx430+v2+review&gs_l=serp.3..0i7j0i7i30j0i5i30l2.5413.5641.0.6025.3.3.0.0.0.0.102.297.1j2.3.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.5.psy-ab.2yo1Ef5VYpk&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43148975,d.b2I&fp=bb9cd624baf1d49&biw=1353&bih=1437
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
12V rail is about half of it's reported capacity which alone makes me skeptical not to mention the price. I'd say it works as long as you won't stress it too much. (>50%)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulvin View Post

12V rail is about half of it's reported capacity which alone makes me skeptical not to mention the price. I'd say you're fine as long as you won't stress it too much. (>50%)
I'd say it starts crapping out at 375w-450w loads... of course if he's pulling that much you'd already know.

Realistically with a power supply that cheap, his CPU/GPU of choice probably have his system pulling 250w max during a gaming session.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFir View Post

I'd say it starts crapping out at 375w-450w loads... of course if he's pulling that much you'd already know.

Realistically with a power supply that cheap, his CPU/GPU of choice probably have his system pulling 250w max during a gaming session.
That's what i said, no? He didn't post any specs, btw. He just said this to be for his friend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
NO, dont put anything you want fried with that. It might support ultra low wattage builds, but i wouldnt trust this thing going past 350 watts. I will certainly crap out after that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papermilk View Post

Blue Star? sounds like somthing from a hotel.
lol. Then what that makes Super Flower sound like?
tongue.gif
They are the ones making of the best PSU's out there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulvin View Post

lol. Then what that makes Super Flower sound like?
tongue.gif
They are the ones making of the best PSU's out there.
its got lost in translation super flower is supposed flow as in power flow so not flower as in plants but flower as in power flow

and as for the blue star toss it,is there was an wmd search in that house you'd be arrested for possesing a blue star
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top