Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ausus xg32vq monitor for about 3 years its had an issue in the last year where if its turned off for a day or overnight it gets lines all across the screen. Which eventually go away after a few mins. Other then that no issues, I recently bought a new desk which required longer cables of which I assumed my new 3m dp cable was faulty as sometimes it would drop to 120hz and and any red colors on my monitor become slighty more blurry. I replaced it with a new 2m dp cable and the issue just happened again.

The monitor menu shows 144hz and nvidia control panel says its 120hz. Turning the monitor on and off fixes the issue ive also moved the dp cable to another connection port on my gpu. My evga 3070 is fairly new it holds top place for all the records for my setup and top 100 against all other 3070 cards. Ive had no crashing issues with it and the only recent change ive made is added mining to the mix at 60% power while im using my pc and 50% when im not using my pc.

I assume its the monitor i never bothered to rma it or is this a gpu issue? If i remember to ill take a photo of the lines next time it happens it usually goes away pretty quickly especially on hot days. Almost seems like the monitor needs to warm up to work.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,947 Posts
That's most definitely a monitor problem. Get it replaced as soon as you can.

• Rep+
Reactions: Ark-07

·
Registered
358 Posts
Could be a gpu issue as well. I've had smoke from my gtx 680 once and artifacts all over my screen. the best way to find out is to swap monitors and see if the problem still exists. if you don't have an extra monitor, you can try swapping gpu's.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be a gpu issue as well. I've had smoke from my gtx 680 once and artifacts all over my screen. the best way to find out is to swap monitors and see if the problem still exists. if you don't have an extra monitor, you can try swapping gpu's.
Didnt think of that other monitor works just fine i use 2 screens.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,947 Posts
Didnt think of that other monitor works just fine i use 2 screens.
If it were the GPU, then the problem wouldn't seem to depend on the temperature of the monitor.

• Rep+
Reactions: Ark-07

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it were the GPU, then the problem wouldn't seem to depend on the temperature of the monitor.
Image attached, on the worst day as in when im away from my pc for more then a day its the entire screen. Guess ill look at getting a 240hz 2k monitor replacement.
Before anyone attacks me i have 1 gpu and im a gamer first and mining comes second. Free money for sleeping ill take it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts