Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of yesterday I suddenly started having problems with my 5 year old GTX 670. At first, this issue only seemed to be isolated to when I was watching Youtube. The screen would go black and then come back on again, occasionally this didn't happen and my computer would require a hard restart. Event viewer listed this: "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

At first I thought this was a driver issue, so I upgraded the latest Nvidia drivers thinking it would fix the problem. What ended up happening was that I could no longer boot into Windows 7 normally, only through safe mode. I would get the occasional BSOD but eventually this led to no display at all after subsequent reboots. I then used DDU to uninstall all Nvidia drivers and found that I could then boot back into Windows normally. Subsequently, however, I found that trying to install ANY Nvidia driver caused Windows to not boot normally (again, only safe mode worked). As of now I have cleaned my entire computer thinking this was because it was dusty but the same problem occurred. I would try modifying the clockspeed but Afterburner won't access without the drivers installed (I think). So now I'm here thinking that the only possible action is to upgrade my old graphics card. Any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts