Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on alias for 12 hours straight, and had this same window open pretty much the whole time. When I opened my browser and logged into this site, there were these "watermark" or "stamp" marks of the alias window logo in the upper right corner? It's most noticable in grey or dark colors.

Is there a way to fix this or is my monitor FUBAR?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've seen this before, your lcd panel is just 'wearing out'. My friend had an old Westinghouse 27" lcd that did this for several years before it started shutting off at random by itself.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Check your warranty and see if you can still qualify for a replacement...

(Sorry I dont know how long LCD monitor warranties are...)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Definitely check on a warranty status. Even if you did not register for a warranty, most companies are courteous enough to honor it as long as you have a receipt.

If you do not have a receipt, you can always have one printed if it was purchased from a place like MicroCenter, online sites and whatnot.

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright, googled and found that this is called "burn in" of LCD monitors. It happens with longer usage and usually goes away after a while.

I found a fix that's supposed to work. You make a white wallpaper, set it as your wallpaper for that monitor and turn down brightness to save lightbulb usage or whatever. Turn off power save mode so it displays nothing but white. Leave it on like this for however long you used it before that got you the burn in.

Well, I guess I'll know in a few hours if it works or not

1 - 7 of 7 Posts