Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have what i would call a decent watercooling setup i have 4x Xspc rx480 rads with a Dual D5 pump bay res is my watercooling loop being wasted on a 3770k because of the thermal compound issue these chips have. I am currently running 4.7Ghz at 1.28v and temps hit low 70s. I am thinking of picking up a 3930k because i reckon it will use my watercooling loop to its full potential.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It is worth getting some good TIM and delidding. Yes there is a chance you will bork your chip. but as you are willing to replace it anyway, i say it is worth trying. I got more than double the temperature reduction from delidding than I did going to a Raystorm RX360 kit!

All it takes is a single sided razor blade, some time watching all the videos online to see how it's done/where the die is to know where it is safe to cut, and a quiet place where you can work carefully with good lighting.

Heck I'm just a little old woman and I was able to do it. And just think, you would pick up some thermal 'cushion' to OC higher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts