Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just recently i noticed a slight blue tint on the screen, but now im pretty sure its starting to get worse. I can see it flicker from time to time but its not thatbad as to where it distorts the picture or anything.

the monitor is only about a year and a half old, whats going on??

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasting Away
View Post

just recently i noticed a slight blue tint on the screen, but now im pretty sure its starting to get worse. I can see it flicker from time to time but its not thatbad as to where it distorts the picture or anything.

the monitor is only about a year and a half old, whats going on??

It's probably just wear, if it continues to bother you purchase anew monitor.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Warranty?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I've seen this happen before, and the cause was always a loose vga/dvi cable. Possibly check the connection of the cable and/or replace it. Maybe some bent pins on the vga cable. Just a couple things to try before buying a new one.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by elementskater706
View Post

I've seen this happen before, and the cause was always a loose vga/dvi cable. Possibly check the connection of the cable and/or replace it. Maybe some bent pins on the vga cable. Just a couple things to try before buying a new one.

you just saved me about 300 bucks

checked the back and it was in fact the vga cable! I wiggled it around a bit and as soon as I saw the blueish color flicker around I knew that was it

thanks so much

edit: what part of michigan btw?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts