Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a new case, and when i transferred the innards into the new one, my system has been randomly restarting without the blue screen. i have not added any new peripherals or cards, and its still the same overclock as what i had in my old case, which was stable.

this happens randomly; while im playing games, surfing the internet or downloading.

what else can be the problem?

·
Banned
2,100 Posts
sorry to chime in with such a stupid response, but make sure all cables are making a solid connection. other possibilities that spring to mind are: a bad power button on your new case (i've never heard of that happening) or possibly you damaged something while transferring the goods to the new box.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oblivion77
View Post

Hmm thats odd, MAYBE you could have caused electro static discharge and damaged a component when you moved everything.

im hoping i didnt.. probably a possibility since i didnt wear the electro static wrist thingamabob..

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBungle
View Post

sorry to chime in with such a stupid response, but make sure all cables are making a solid connection. other possibilities that spring to mind are: a bad power button on your new case (i've never heard of that happening) or possibly you damaged something while transferring the goods to the new box.

not a stupid response.. i ran across that in some of the threads while searching. however, all the cables are tight and secured and im assuming making good contact.

as far as damaging something, uuyyy veyy.. the only thing i can think of would be the motherboard. i set it ontop of a cardboard box; didnt drop it or anything..

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by foslock
View Post

Maybe the airflow is worse in your new case? Problems with the OCing?

Also, as Obliv mentioned, if your using a PSU that came with a case... don't.

i went from a cooler master 631 to an 830.. i dont think the airflow would be worse, but anywho... for the record, my psu is an FSP Group AX450..

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
It sounds like the PSU (not a bad brand or model by any means, maybe just a lemon?). Or it could be ESD like mentioned above. If its ESD, it would be classified as "latent" failure. Meaning it has received mild damage, but overtime, deterioration will occur.

For the record, I used that exact same PSU in my sig rig for about 8 months, untill trading it out with my new Blue Storm for free.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatal05
View Post

It sounds like the PSU (not a bad brand or model by any means, maybe just a lemon?). Or it could be ESD like mentioned above. If its ESD, it would be classified as "latent" failure. Meaning it has received mild damage, but overtime, deterioration will occur.

For the record, I used that exact same PSU in my sig rig for about 8 months, untill trading it out with my new Blue Storm for free.

it sucks 'cus i dont have an extra psu to test out. i did do a 'ghetto-mod' sleeve job on it, but i didnt pull on the wires or anything to cause it to be out of place..

this psu hasnt given me any problems since i bought it. i dont know.. is there a way to check if the motherboard is still ok, maybe it was affected by ESD?

edit:

right before the system restarts, the sound stutters and then reboots..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.