Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running my 980x @ at 4050 1.3v, 2 6870's at 950/1150. H70 cooler with 2 3k rpm kaze ultras. 5 120mm 2000rpm fans and one low rpm 200mm.

I've added a lot and oc'd more since I initially built the system and just wanted to make sure I was still ok.

I'm using an antec tpq 850.

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,395 Posts
Yep its perfectly fine

·
Opinion8r
1,129 Posts
You should be fine. Estimated power supply around 650 Minimum.

You have enough head room for me to say you are safe.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow19935
View Post

lol at the innapropriate title.
puss.........

yeh its fine

I don't know what you talking about I certainly didn't make an terrible typo and edit it as fast as possible.

Thanks for the answer everyone. I figured I was fine just wanted a second opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Decent overclocks but nothing crazy going on there. You'd be fine on a good 600-650W unit, so your 850W can easily, very easily handle it all and more.

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crimsontears809739
View Post

Useing this --> http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine I got 608 watts.

You want a little extra beyond what you use. I would say anything over 700 watts would be fine. You should be easily in the clear with that 850 watt power suppl.y

That's a mistake. PSU calculators exaggerate things to various degrees. The one at Outervision is at least OK. If it says 600W, then there is no need to get more power than that.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok one more question: I had this idea of using my extra gtx 460 as a physx card. Would I still be ok on power and is it ok to use a pcie to molex adapter?...or this just another one of my crazy ideas.

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavallino;13097027
Ok one more question: I had this idea of using my extra gtx 460 as a physx card. Would I still be ok on power and is it ok to use a pcie to molex adapter?...or this just another one of my crazy ideas.
Then your PSU would still be fine. And yes you can use a PCI-e to molex adapter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts