Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got new ram+mobo but been reciving countless bluescreens for no reason, i tried everything and seem nothing was working so decided to give memtest a spin and this is what happened:

This is the RAM in using btw : OCZ3BE1600C8LV4GKl

Memtest:


Im not quite sure what this means but iv taken out one stick and am running memtest on the other, already reciving errors and been going for 7 mins, will do other stick once this one completes. Do these errors point to screwed dimms?, if so i shall return to pkay for a replacement since itsonly a week old.

Thanks guys.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,805 Posts
It is a possibility, but it could also mean that your cpu doesn't like the memory, check the recommended memory list in your manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by joemaniaci View Post
It is a possibility, but it could also mean that your cpu doesn't like the memory, check the recommended memory list in your manual.
Well there 'AMD Black Editions' & apparently are for good for black edition cpu's so i didnt think this would be a problem.. il check it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rian View Post
Well there 'AMD Black Editions' & apparently are for good for black edition cpu's so i didnt think this would be a problem.. il check it out.
Yeah the Amd black edition ram thing is a gimmick. I would for sure return the ram.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
Yeah the Amd black edition ram thing is a gimmick. I would for sure return the ram.
I thought as much but doesnt the fact that their good sticks still stand? Issitt just that their faulty or are they for some reason not happy with my setup?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rian View Post
I thought as much but doesnt the fact that their good sticks still stand? Issitt just that their faulty or are they for some reason not happy with my setup?
OCZ has good ram, there just isn't really anything better about their AMD black edition ram and regular ram. You probably just have faulty ram, that's why it's great ram companies offer lifetme warranties, so you can ship them out get the new ones and everything is fine.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,033 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:


Originally Posted by KILLER_K
View Post

You can run this simple test and find out in about 15 minutes.

That should be enough flavors for you to pick one you like.

The photo i posted was memtest my friend
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Started doing it stick by stick, one stick got 49 errors afer 15mins other stick 0 after 15mins, off to play for these sticks!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,243 Posts
I think RMAing your rams would be your best bet.
Even one stick may be ok, its better to get the same exact same rev on all of them; different ICs, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:


Originally Posted by Raiden911
View Post

I think RMAing your rams would be your best bet.
Even one stick may be ok, its better to get the same exact same rev on all of them; different ICs, etc.

Mmmh, im sending both back to play as its only been a week, they should give me a new pair.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top